ZOBO INFUSED FONIO ACHA RECIPE
Fonio acha is referred to as fundi in some parts of Africa like Gambia. Other names include fonio millet, white fonio, hungry rice or acha rice .
It is definitely a legendary superfood that has been farmed in West Africa for over 5000 years, making it the oldest superfood on the planet. There are literally a million and one ways to make and enjoy fonio acha, and hibiscus (zobo) infused acha is one of the yummiest and colorful ways to enjoy it. Here’s the recipe :
- 240ml water
- 2 handfuls of dried hibiscus leaves
- 100g of Fonio
- Salt to taste ( a pinch or two)
- In a pot, add in water , dried hibiscus leaves and bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes
- Once fully boiled and color of water changes, sieve out hibiscus leaves .
- Add in fonio and salt, stir, cover and boil for on low to medium heat for 3 minutes
- Once done, serve and enjoy!
Leave a comment