Ofada stew is a popular Nigeria stew served alongside Ofada Rice
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Misc.: Serve warm
- Unripe habanero pepper (Ata Rodo),
- 4 green bell peppers,
- 2 Tablespoons of Locust Beans (Iru)
- Palm oil
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 2 Tablespoons of Crayfish (Dried or Grounded)
- Boiled of fried assorted meats
- Fish (Dried or stock)
- Wash and blend peppers with onions
- Pour the blended pepper into a separate pot and cook on high heat until all of the water dries up.
- Pour Palm oil into a clean, dry pot and bleach for 5 – 10 minutes
- Leave the Palm oil to cool down a bit and then add the Locust Beans (Iru) sauté till it releases its flavor
- Now add the boiled pepper puree; fry the mixture until all of the water has evaporated.
- Add crayfish, as well as the meat and fish, and stir well to prevent burning.
- Add salt to taste
- Leave the mixture to simmer and serve with Ofada Rice