5 MINUTE MICROWAVE OVEN AMALA
Who can’t use a little extra help in the kitchen? Nobody!
It is always great to discover a new kitchen tip or trick that saves our time in the kitchen, makes our lives easier, saves some money and of course makes our food taste better.
We will be sharing with you an amazingly fast way to prepare Amala inspired by Matse ; innovative Nigerian food blogger.
- 1 cup Amala powder
- 1 1/2 (1 and a half cup) water
- Boil water in a Kettle
- Pour boiled water in a microwave safe bowl
- Add your Elubo our Yam flour into the boil containing the boiled water
- Add water and blend nicely with your spatula or Orogun
- Pop into the microwave oven for about 2 minutes
- Stir Amala with spatula or Orogun
- Put the bowl back in the oven for another 3minutes to ensure its completely cooked
- Stir and serve
* You can sprinkle in more water to achieve your desired texture
* Microwave ovens vary, so there might be slight time differences.
For more inspirations, visit Matse on www.matsecooks.com